submitted by a reader
Corrupt Chinese Govt Officials Detained
Why are Hu Jin-tao and Wen Jia-bao still on the loose?
If you say that ‘endemic corruption threatens the Communist Party’s grip on power,’ then the Chinese Big Brother lets you off the hook! Well, this is a trick that Hu Jintao and Wen Jiabao seem to use every time like a ‘secret code.’
What happened to the ex-Party General Secretary and President Jiang Zemin and his son?
Who exactly is in charge in China, anyway? We know the media and judiciary, like our own, are NOT independent. Is it possible that the same cabal who run our country, the continent, Europe, Australia, as well as … also run China? Think about it it isn’t as far fetched as you might think!
Back to the corruption news: Auditor General Liu Jiayi reported that 14 central government officials had been arrested and nearly 200 other people had been punished. It’s not cleared what means of punishment were applied!
Apparently the offenses included using the Sichuan earthquake disaster relief funds to build government offices. Since building government offices is not an offense, it must be presumed that the earthquake funds were earmarked for other uses!
In his 2008 annual report, China’s auditor-general also reported about 50 government departments had misused or embezzled about 4.5bn yuan ($660m) in 2007. In some cases public funds were used to speculate in the stock market.
This raises a few more questions: Were the offenders discovered because their luck ran out and they lost the founds? Will the stock market pay the public money back? Who owns, or profits from the Chinese stock market?
Additionally, “managerial irregularities” totaled to another 42bn yuan ($6bn) worth of of public money misuse, especially by China’s education and commerce ministries, and the statistics and tax offices.
So, what about the cheating Chinese officials in the Beijing “Opium” Olympics? Was that category of cheating condoned because it served the glory of the capitalist communist fatherland?
If you thought a ruling party as powerful and ruthless as the Central Committee of the [capitalist] Communist Party of China could eradicate all official and non official corruption with the flick of a finger, you would be right.
What good is the power, if the Chinese people are swamped by official corruption, industrial pollution and systemic oppression? How could their future, unlike the past, bode well for them?
Why don’t they? The only plausible explanation is no one would be willing to shoot the Peking Duck that lays the golden eggs!
Once again, China has disappointed the world—just when you thought it had a chance to make it through!
- China Quake: Why Was the Girl Removed from Family? [See also the links on the page]
Related New Links:
- Former CCP’s Leader Son Involved in Major Bribery Case [Oct 28, 2007]
- Jiang Zemin’s Son Involved in Major Corruption Scandal [Oct 31, 2007]
- Corruption ‘threatens China rainforest’ [21 Aug 08]
- China fights misuse of quake funds [07 Jul 08]
- Top China boss removed from party [26 Jul 07]
- Shanghai officials hit by scandal [02 Mar 07]
- China steps up corruption fight [14 Feb 07 ]
- China finds pension fund abuse [24 Nov 06 ]
- Shanghai scandal ‘implicates 50′ [23 Oct 06 ]
- Disgraced Chinese Vice-Admiral who knows all, tells all
- Shanghai’s Wealthiest Man’s Trial Involves Family of Former Chinese Leader