Posted by terres on November 12, 2008
submitted by a reader
Obama’s ‘street cred’ is way down in the negative territory, before he even starts the job!
Let’s stop beating about the Bush, AND have him indicted!
Obama’s ‘street cred’ is way down in the negative territory, in spite of being elected as the next US President. Some writers have gone as far as insulting the President-elect by calling him a shabbes goy because of his appointment of Rahm Israel Emanuel and other ‘Likudnik hawks,’ and his pledge of unconditional allegiance to Israel in a speech at the AIPAC conference during his ‘one-horse’ presidential election race.
There’s no easy way to wash off the stigma, if at all. However, the President-elect might find it hard to carry any degree of public trust during his term. And in a fast-changing world there are no guarantees. There’s always the possibility that he may not even finish his presidential term.
Could Obama buy some credibility?
Perhaps. Ironically Barack Obama may be able to earn some credibility by doing nothing! That is by doing nothing to stop the war criminal George Bush, Dick Cheney and the rest of their gang being prosecuted for waging wars of aggression in Afghanistan and Iraq and for committing the crime of genocide and crimes against humanity in the two countries.
And that includes holding back the presidential pardon for those war criminals.
The Obama Test
Here’s a test of Obama presidency, or the “Obama ‘Hope and Change’ Test.”
1. If within the first few months of Mr Obama’s term as President, Bush, Cheney and their gang have been successfully indicted for their war crimes,
2. If by then President Obama does nothing to block the justice, including granting presidential pardons to the said war criminals,
Then, and only then, can citizens be assured that there is still some hope [sic] that the system could undergo a positive change!
Call Bush the ‘sacrificial lamb,’ if you like, but he must not be granted a presidential pardon!
- The Presidential Trojan Horse
- Quote of the Week: Doing the Nominating
- Sen Barack Obama Elected US 44th President
- 10 Biggest Threats to the US National Security
- [Surprise, Surprise!] The Public Has NO faith in U.S. Institutions
- The Promised Land?
- Between Hope and Reality: “Hope and change!”