Why You Should Be Afraid of Sarah Palin [& Co.,] VERY, VERY AFRAID!
Three thousand years on, except for a few changes in faces and places, the plot remains exactly the same!
“Thus saith the LORD of hosts, I remember that which Amalek did to Israel [note that there was no such entity as Israel at the time when this is supposed to have happened,] how he laid wait for him in the way, when he came up from Egypt. Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.” (I Samuel 15:2-3). From: A Self-Fulfilling Prophecy
[Substitute "Alaska," "America," "Iraq," "Afghanistan" ... for "Amalek" in the above and you'll get the idea!]
Lord, can we shoot their Moose and Polar Bear, and poison their water, too?
Sarah Palin: A Chronic Case of Cognitive Dissonance
Cognitive dissonance is described by psychologists as an unpleasant feeling or stress caused by holding two contradictory ideas simultaneously. According to the theory of cognitive dissonance, people have a fundamental cognitive drive to reduce this dissonance and increase the perception of consistency by modifying, or rejecting one of the contradictory ideas, thus surrendering to the remaining idea. People seek consistency by searching through their own experiences, and by turning to other people for confirmation, a dangerous process known as groupthink.
Here are two contradictory thoughts:
- You shall NOT kill. (“Thou shall not kill” is the “Sixth Commandment” – Exodus 20:13; Deuteronomy 5:17- New American Standard Bible)
- Put to death men and women, children and infants … (New International Version)
Which of the two contradictory thoughts above would you surrender to, if
I. Your peers attacked various “Amalekite” nations, country after country, year after year, and “put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.”
II. Bloodsports turned you on!
III. The only way to fulfill your burning desires was by joining in with the “Israel first” lot.
- Look me straight in the eye & tell me you can’t …
- Arctic ice cover second-lowest on record
- The real games are in Alaska
- 3 million acres of spruce killed in Alaska in 15 years
- Death by Lethal Pollution
- Bering Sea Drilling Revisited!
- Arctic Marine Mammals on Thin Ice
- Our Oceans Are Dying